About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with annual revenue of £1 billion. Over the years we helped the client develop web-portals, mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage, and much more. The systems we’ve built together are in operation 24/7, contributing to the client’s success.
DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross-functional retail platform.
The goal of the project is to create a modern product and supplier management system for an online retailer from the ground up. The system will focus on scalability to be able to manage an ever-expanding range of thousands of products sold in their online shop over multiple geographies, with composability and flexibility, data consistency as a master data system, usability, and lower operational costs.
- Structure and drive conversations with client stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements, conduct audits of client systems, elicit business requirements for system architecture
- Propose appropriate solutions in ambiguous/early-stage situations, estimate scope and budget for the proposed system
- Transform business requirements into technical requirements.
- Plan, design and implement IT solutions
- Document technical and functional requirements
- Communicate requirements and specifications to a project team, guide the team during the implementation stage, control and review processes and code
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Solution Architect or Technical Architect
- Experience in team leadership and/or project management is an advantage
- Able to define high-level solutions and system architectures and understand how various components of the architecture interact
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders, understand businesses pain points, requirements and translate these into winning solutions
- Strong understanding of information systems, key technologies and limitations
- Experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments across various domains
- Able to analyze other developers code using basic reverse engineering techniques
- Experience in conducting code reviews
- Experienced in understanding and documenting functional and technical requirements, able to create and deliver compelling presentations
- Ability to communicate technical requirements and transfer knowledge to a project team, communicate effectively with project managers and team leaders, the ability to guide and coach team members in developing technical solutions
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good spoken English
— Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge;
— The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles;
— More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
— Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
— Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.
The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists;
Flexible schedule (there are core mandatory hours), the ability to work remotely upon agreement with colleagues;
The ability to work in any of our development centers.